Sunday, July 23, 2017

God Cares For You

My mom told me recently about a lady she worked with long ago who was having troubles in life. My mom encouraged her to talk with God about it. But the lady sadly said, "Oh, God doesn't have time for things like this."
Sweet friend. 
Can I encourage you today that God most certainly has time for you? 
If we limit the Creator of time to our standards then what kind of God do we serve? He is, in fact, able to stop time if need be.... "So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, till the nation avenged itself on its enemies, as it is written in the Book of Jashar. The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day." Joshua 10:13
Nothing is too much for our God. When mountains tower before us and our enemy is steady on our heels and darkness seems to swallow us up, He is walking right beside us. He is going through the fire, WITH us. In Matthew 1:23 Immanuel is a name given to Jesus. Saying, "...they will call him Immanuel, which means 'God is with us." God is never too far or unconcerned with our needs and desires. 1 John 5:14 says, "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us."
He hears us.
I know this personally to be true. I may have told this before but it was such a pivotal moment in my life it's worth sharing again....and again! One Sunday morning I walked into church with a heart of stone. It was so cold and clenched but I knew I wanted and needed to experience God's presence. I wanted to have a heart of flesh....one of compassion, empathy and concern. So, I prayed a silent prayer. "God, please turn my heart of stone to a heart of flesh" My soul was instantly flooded with the presence of God. The flood gate had been opened and my heart felt alive. It was nothing short of miraculous.
God heard me!!
So, today, as you are facing a battle where you fear the Lord isn't concerned or has more important things to do, let me remind you that the creator of all knows how many hairs you have on your head. If he knows details like that then I'm confident in saying He knows your needs before you even ask....(Matthew 6:8 "Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him." 
So, ask Him. Talk to Him. Pour your heart out before Him. He cares so madly and deeply for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment