Thursday, December 10, 2015

Slow Fade

I sometimes look at people and hear their stories and sometimes it's easy to judge but most of the time I wonder if they ever wake up and wonder how they got where they are.

I love the song by Casting Crowns, Slow Fade. It says,

"It's a slow fade when you give yourself away
It's a slow fade when black and white have turned to gray
Thoughts invade, choices are made, a price will be paid
When you give yourself away
People never crumble in a day"

I think we're all one bad decision away from possibly a lifetime of heartache, misery and loss. Most decisions aren't made on a whim......it's a process of compromising what we know to be truth for a lie. To believe and give into the longing of things that will not truly satisfy us in the end.

My heart aches for these people. To know they truly might not have ever guessed they would be wearing the shoes they walk in and wishing so desperately for it all to be just a bad dream.

I'm so thankful for Jesus. I'm so thankful we are never, NEVER too far from His hand.

Psalm 139:7-10 says, "Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast."

I picture the depths of the earth overcome with darkness and without a glimmer of hope and all the desperate, heart wrenching pain of being alone. Yet, God is there!!! He is there in the shadows of night. He is there in the haunting hours and when the sun never seems to rise.

He IS there!!
He is HERE!!

I'm so thankful He calls us out to be more, to choose better and to forgive when we fall down. I'm so thankful we no longer have to live in the darkness because He calls us into His light!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you Sara for pointing us to Him. It is a joy to watch your family go deeper and deeper with Him and inspire others to do the same.

    ReplyDelete