Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Perspective

My head is spinning and my heart is pounding....I know my words are going to do an injustice to my thoughts and feelings but I just have to write something....just get it out there and hope I can type the words that will all fit perfectly together to illustrate my heart....so here it goes.....

Trash.... have you ever looked at another and thought this? Or, God forbid, called someone this? I have... I may again...I hope not, but I'm not making any promises.

I'm sure people years ago or who knows when the last time was that someone used such a word to describe me.....it unsettles my soul.

But, how does God see us?

I've been reading a lot this year and the books that God has led me to have just taken me passionately deeper in love with Him. A new understanding in my soul has been born and I hope it's the beginning of many "ah-ha" moments with my Savior. But, in my current book. "Prototype" the author, Jonathan Martin, talks about how beloved we are in the eyes of God.

We are dearly loved by the creator of the universe....and He loves us for just being us...nothing we have accomplished or will accomplish on our own could make Him love us more or less!!! It's almost unbelievable.....but I believe so much that I am loved by Him...even with my ugly past, ignorances of today and even with the ridiculous choices I have yet to make.

So, what makes me better than that girl standing at the street corner in the slum part of town? Or that man in the ally with a needle in his arm or the person who is full of shame due to infidelity or the sin that so entangles their life?

Nothing. Nothing makes me better....nothing makes any of us better.

No, you may have not slept around or sold drugs, done drugs or any of these sins but maybe you've been full of self righteousness or pride or slander..... it's all the same. It's all a wedge in our soul between us and our God.....

No, those people are not looked at as trash by God. He sees them for what they were created to be....loved and set apart and shining bright. They may not see it in themselves....I may not see it in myself, but God does.

I pray God will open my eyes and my heart to His perspective of others and how precious they are even in the midst of their self destruction. Cause aren't we all a wreck and in need of saving.....in need of Jesus? He met me right smack dab in the middle of my self destruction and He pulled me out and put a new song in my mouth (Psalm 40:3)

My prayer is the next time we think of others or ourselves as trash...or less than, we stop, pray, and ask God to give us His perspective of who they are or who we are! We are meant to be more!!!

Praying you feel Jesus today and maybe a new perspective is in the making!

Ezekiel 36:24-26
For I will gather you up from all the nations and bring you home again to your land. Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean. Your filth will be washed away, and you will no longer worship idols. And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart.

2 comments:

  1. I once knew a girl who thought she wasn't smart, who couldn't see beyond her past, who was worried she would be a failure as a mom. She probably viewed herself as "trash". You should see her now! She is amazing! She is a God-seeker, a truth-lover, and a peace speaker. She supports her husband in amazing ways. She teaches her children...and they are thriving and learning and growing! She writes; she encourages, challenges, and inspires through her words. She is a farmer, a photographer, a cook,a crafter,and a homemaker. I often find myself wishing I had her talent. If you see her, tell her I adore her, admire her, and am inspired by her. I think her name is Sara....

    ReplyDelete
  2. aweeeee so sweet!!! I'm almost in tears!! I really did view myself that way and I think that's why I like writing about my failures and where God has brought me because I want others to see people for who they really are and not try to live up to false expectations! God is amazing and has brought me so to a place I never thought I would be and humbled my heart. I'm now thankful for the path I've overcome!!

    ReplyDelete