Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Where Does Our Value Come From?

Dear young, beautiful girl,
Yes you....the one who doesn't realize how amazing, valuable and irreplaceable she is. The one who hides behind a smile but is really falling apart....the one trying to find herself by fitting in or giving herself away. The one searching and longing for someone who loves you and tells you you are beautiful!
I wish you could see yourself like God sees you! I wish you could see your value comes from The One who hung on that tree. You are so loved that He gave His life for you!!!
I hope you see it soon and save yourself years of heartache searching in the wrong places and picking up the pieces of broken dreams. You are fearfully and wonderfully made and your creator wants you to know Him!!! How amazing is that?
It's pretty amazing! I wish I would have realized it at your age. But now I know every bit of who I am is based upon who I am in Him and I pray you soon realize the same!
Love,
Redeemed daughter of The King



I posted that letter yesterday out of a hurting heart for a friend's daughter. She's going through a hard time. I don't know all the details but I don't need to know. I've lived the same story.... young insecure girl who's searching for love and acceptance in all the wrong places. 

Most of us van relate.

But, the truth is, even now, when I make my life all about me I can instantly become that insecure, lost, little girl again....I may not be searching for it in men, drugs and alcohol but if not grounded in the the Word of God you can find me searching in approval from others....food, clothes, hair, education.... the list goes on and on. 

But on those days I'm seeking my Savior more than my own desires...more than my own dreams...more than my own comfort or glory, I find myself to be the most secure. It's only at the feet of Jesus that we find who we really are and what life is all about. It's in those precious moments that God speaks His truth and life into us and gives us the wisdom to see we are nothing without Him that I get a glimpse of who I was created to be. I find that no matter if I'm on the mountain or deep in the valley, if I'm seeking Him, He is all I need.

This world tells us we can find our value in our jobs, education, sex, deeds, friends, food, clothes, cars, houses....but our true value ONLY comes from how valuable we are in the eyes of Christ. And for Him to go to the cross in our place should show us just how loved we truly are.

It doesn't matter the choices we've made. He loves us right where we are...right in the middle of our broken places, our darkest hour, our sinful mess. He extends grace and compassion.

I love this verse from How He Loves Us, by David Crowder Band

"And we are His portion and He is our prize
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes
If His grace is an ocean, we're all sinking"

You can listen to the whole song Here

So where are you? Are you searching for things other than God? Are you putting time and effort into things that have no weight in Heaven? Or are you allowing God to pour into you the things He has planned for you? I'm thankful that no matter the day or what my heart is chasing, He always brings me back to His feet. 

I pray He does the same for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment