Thursday, January 17, 2013

Part 2 Adoption



FAITH- complete confidence in a person or plan.

Wow- complete confidence. Trust. Isn't it so hard to trust in someone? We start wondering if they're going to come through for us and we start over thinking about it and doubt sets in. It's frustrating. I want to have faith and trust but then I'll start figuring out how to fix it or do it on my own..... do you do this too?

Then God will snap me back to my reality with Him and remind me I can't do anything on my own. (John 15:5) I'll for sure mess it up so it's best to leave it to Him.

Why is this such a struggle? Do I have control issues? Maybe. But God's working on me and showing me daily that He is in control and His plan is bigger!

So, with this whole adoption situation I have a million thoughts racing through my thoughts.

How will we afford it?

We need more space. How will we afford that?

What if we misunderstood God's direction and I'm getting all excited and it doesn't work out? I'll be devastated. Jada and Ella will be devastated.

What if I can't handle three kids?

How will we afford 3 kids?

What about college?

What if it's a girl? How will we afford 3 weddings?

Breath in! Breath out! Breath in! Breath out!

Isn't faith required to have these thoughts and not go crazy?

And not faith in our ability but in God's provision and His ability!!

And while all these questions are reasonable and maybe some not so reasonable, they are my fears and it shows that I'm trying to control what I have no business controlling. If God's plan is calling us to adopt wouldn't He provide in a supernatural way? Absolutely!! I've learned recently when doubt seeps in I immediately turn it over the the Father instead of having a 20 minute conversation in my head on all the "what ifs" or "how tos". He sees our needs. For goodness sake He's brought us to them. He wants us to depend on Him and more than ever in my life before am I doing just that. Ohhhhh, I have moments but it's what I do in those moments that matter. Will I give in to fear and doubt or will I turn my eyes upward and seek Him and have faith in the One who is the creator of life?

Hebrews 11:1
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen"

Ephesians 2:8-9
"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast."

Hebrews 11:6
"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him."



Quotes on Faith

Andrew Murray- "Faith excepts from God what is beyond all expectations"

Charles Wesley- "Faith, mighty faith, the promise sees, And looks to God alone; laughs at impossibilities, and cries it shall be done"

George Mueller- "To learn strong faith is to endure great trials. I have learned my faith by standing firm amid sever testings."













No comments:

Post a Comment