Thursday, September 5, 2013

And Jesus Stepped In

I was tired....a little disheveled feeling and a tad overwhelmed with the crowd of people waiting on morning coffee or a muffin. Everywhere I stepped I felt I was in the way. It was because I didn't get a good nights sleep...I woke up every so often and tossed and dreamed odd dreams...woke again with the street light in my eyes....

I said a silent prayer standing between and person and the pancake maker. "God help me."

I turned and started fixing a plate...for Jada, Ella, Greg.. I don't know which one but I still felt ornery. I turned around and there was a guy who spilled his orange juice all over the table. He didn't even know it was running down onto the floor.

I just grabbed some napkins and started cleaning up the floor.....and what do you know.....joy rushed in. I didn't even think about helping him...I just did it. I know it was Jesus who orchestrated that moment. It totally broke my silly frustration and put a smile in my heart.

The man thanked me and mentioned that he didn't know it ran in the floor and his knees wouldn't have allowed him to get down there anyway.

I was happy to help him all while thanking Jesus for stepping in. God really opened my eyes today that helping someone else really does take our eyes off ourselves and gives us a little more joy!

And the rest of the day?

I stood amazed that Jesus came to my rescue...even though He has so many times before!

Tomorrow I'll be anticipating someone else I can help...not because I'm a a good person (cause I'm honestly not) but cause God will give me an opportunity if I'm looking!

Here's to many more Jesus moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment