Monday, July 27, 2015

Shadow of the Almighty

"Whoever dwells in the shadow of the Most High will rest in the presence of the Almighty." Psalm 91:1

This life......it's so many things. It's hard for sure. It's fragile, confusing, overwhelming and full of struggles and loss.

It is short...."Everyone is but a breath, even those who seem secure."
(Psalm 39:5).

Most days I look around and see the pain crowding out the good but I strive to find the good and even when my days are bleak and uncertain I find myself humbled that I can rest in the comfort of my Savior. He is good even when we don't see it. Even when we don't feel it. Even when our dreams and plans come to a screeching halt and life takes a turn we did not plan.

I've been there..... loss that seemed almost unbearable at the time. Pain that drowned out all the good in my life. Uncertainty that made me question purpose.

But, God.....He was my shelter, He was my comfort, He was my rock...my only true foundation. He is good when there is nothing else good in the world. He is here when we seem alone. He is truth in the middle of deception. He is love when we are surrounded by hate. He is our anchor when we are tossed among the stormy waves.

Amazed and humbled are poor choices of words to describe how my heart is in awe of Him.

I love these lyrics by Kari Jobe:

"When I walk through deep waters
I know that you will be with me.
When I'm standing in the fire
I will not be overcome.
Through the valley of the shadow
Oh, I will not fear.

I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me

In the midst of deep sorrow
I see your light is breaking through
The dark night will not over take me
I am pressing into You
Lord you fight my every battle
And I will not fear

Some days it feels life's troubles will overtake me. Some days I feel the dark in this life will consume me but, God's light always, always, always has broken through. He IS faithful and He IS good.

Today I'm clinging to Him and standing in the gap for so many who are walking through the dark trying to pick up the pieces of their broken dreams. 

Praying for you to "rest in the shadow of the Almighty" today friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment