Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Live in the Present

Some days I sit and daydream about dropping my kids off at the local public school.....and by drop them off I mean do a drive by..they can just jump out as I pull through. But, I know that would be far too easy for me. I know that's not really what our family is called to do. 

And then there are other days, like today, that are full of so much peace and we accomplish so much learning and not just from academic books. Today, my little one picked me flowers and read to me and it reminded me that I taught her to read!!!! I still can't believe I did that!! And, my 11 year old labeled and diagrammed sentences perfectly! It made my heart proud! God showed me she really is learning!! And out of the blue she asked if she could start reading one of my most treasured books, "Kisses From Katie."

While digging through my bookshelf trying to find it I was thinking how that book is one of 3 that altered the course of my life over the past few years. I found myself teary eyed praying God would use it to create a deep desire and passion in her heart for others. That He will use it to draw her to Him like it did me.

These are simple yet much needed reminders to live in the present and to know God is at work even when we don't feel Him or see Him.

He.is.so.good!!





No comments:

Post a Comment