Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Tethered

Wow! I cannot believe this is a new year. I'm so excited to see where this year will take us! Last year took me to new depths with my Savior....more understanding of who He is and what He wants from me. I can only imagine this year will be equally as great!

A few months ago a good friend mentioned she was choosing a word to be her "word of the year." It got me thinking about what I want for this coming year and what word would describe it.

While doing dishes one night, cause what else can I do but think while doing dishes, the word "tethered" came to mind. I looked it up. Upon first glance it might not look like a great word to choose:

teth·er  (tr)
n.
1.
a. A rope, chain, or similar restraint for holding an animal in place, allowing a short radius in which it can move about.
b. A similar ropelike restraint used as a safety measure, especially for young children and astronauts.
2. A rope, chain, or similar restraint for holding one, especially an animal, in place, allowing a short radius in which one can move about.
3. The extent or limit of one's resources, abilities, or endurance: drought-stricken farmers at the end of their tether.
tr.v. teth·eredteth·er·ingteth·ers
To fasten or restrict with or as if with a tether.

Lots of people might think it's crazy to want to live restricted or tied down and I would have to agree. But perspective is everything.

While others might view this as being held back from "life" and living the way they want to, I choose to look at this as being tethered to my Savior...to be connected to Him for protection, for guidance, to know my boundaries. If I'm not connected or tethered to Him and His Word, I'll move into a space that isn't meant for me.

So, this new year I will remain tethered to Him and seek His guidance. We are jumping out into the unknown and planning paths where only He can lead. Because being tethered to the Father takes you to unsafe places, causes you to act and love in ways that are out of the ordinary.

I will leave you with this song.....this song spoke so much life, truth and excitement into me last year and I will continue to let it move me this year.

Wishing you all a beautiful and Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment