Friday, February 7, 2014

Vision

This morning's thoughts are almost too much for me to take in. I tossed and turned till I finally drifted to sleep last night. I can't even process all of my excitement. I have warm tears filling my eyes and pure amazement warming my heart.....

As the girls are bouncing and giggling around the living room I'm in sheer amazement that He called me to this life.....the one that to an outsider might seem unpleasant.... the one that seems daunting and mundane most days. Full of laundry, dirty floors and last nights dishes in the sink. Older cars in the drive way and thrift store clothes.

Oh the sacrifices of this life.

But are we really sacrificing when I get to see my girls growing up? When I see their face light up when they finally, after many tears, understand something? Teaching them how to love, how to give, how to nurture and encourage others...am I really sacrificing? Am I really sacrificing when I've realized I can't do this life....I'm not strong enough, smart enough, brave enough but then realize I can because it's the power of God within me that will accomplish the tasks I have been given? Am I sacrificing when I actually get to experience the hand of God lay out a beautiful story right in front of me where people are perfectly placed and visions come to life?

It's no sacrifice....it's a peaceful blessing.

In another life I would be too busy to see the guidance of God...and some days I still am. But He settles me....He gets me in a quiet place and whispers His plans for me that are so full of love....perfect love. And I have to trust Him because His Word says His ways and thoughts are higher than mine (Isaiah 55:9) so I give in and let go and let Him lead me on this path that might look unsettling most days but that is firm because He's with me.

So, as visions are brought to life over the next few months I will lift my hands to the Lord and I will declare His goodness and faithfulness and the works of His beautiful hands. I will lean into Him and allow Him to fill me to overflowing and gladly except my part in His unfathomable plan!

Do you have a vision that is beginning to sprout? If so, I would love to hear about it!!












No comments:

Post a Comment