Thursday, January 30, 2014

Presence of Christ

As I sat there in our school room and dealt with my daughters dramatic antics over math I stared at a quote on my wall.

"The enemy loves to use your circumstances to block your perspective." ~ Steven Furtick

I'm comforted to know that the frustration I face and that some days makes me want to throw in the towel is not the end of this story. I'm thankful to know that God is here.... holding me, changing me, guiding me even if I can't see Him in the midst of the craziness.

Not sure what to do. I closed my eyes. I prayed for wisdom.

And then I felt Him. In the middle of my human desire to lash out I embraced my sweet girl with a gentle, loving hug right in the middle of the closet floor. He was there in my heart, the Spirit overcoming me to extend peace and patience.

And I'm grateful....cause this mama, in my own strength, could have fallen but instead was held up by the strength of Christ.

On days when I fail and see nothing but my failures I must remember to fill my mind with Christ and thankfulness because He is with me every step of the way but I have to choose to lean into Him.

Colossians 3:15 "Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful."

Psalms 63:8 "My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me."

No comments:

Post a Comment