Saturday, April 5, 2014

He is enough

Some days....too many days, I focus on things that don't really matter. Things that get me worked up and spinning my wheels....just wasting my time. I'm distracted with shoes in the floor, wet towels not hung up, toys under my feet and school books stacked high on the table.







Some days I'm distracted in the kitchen with cleaning  counters and sticky floors. And while all those things need to be done, I waste too much energy and allow it to take my mind from real life issues....like kids who are neglected and abused. Problems like drinking and drugs tearing families apart, sickness, brokenness and a world dying without Jesus.

And my heart aches and I feel heavy and burdened for so many.

But, I'm reminded Jesus is enough. He fills those broken spaces and heals those lonely and battered hearts. He picks up the pieces and while the scars are still evident it just reminds us that our Savior is more powerful than our struggle and He.is.faithful.

And on days when I look out across the city and I'm overcome with grief my little girl writes me a love letter. And I think about the love of our Savior and I'm certain Love conquered all because He went to that cross. He took my place, your place, the drug addict's place, the murderer's place, the prostitute's place, the gossiper's place, the lier's place....everyone's place.





I smile and my heart is flooded with peace. I know that no matter the world's wounds or my wounds we have a God who is above it all. And He.is.enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment