Sunday, April 20, 2014

Warriors For The Kingdom

It's no secret we are now officially foster parents!! Boy did my heart jump with the most amazing joy when our social worker called to tell me we had been approved!

I guess I should change my blog name to something else now cause I'm no longer just chasing girls but boys too....sweet as pie little boys!!

I know we have our work cut out for us. I had a friend....several friends, ok a lot of friends ask how we can do this without getting attached and without falling in love. Truth is, we WILL most definitely fall in love. But, it's not about us....if we didn't respond to God's calling because we were concerned how we feel then we are totally missing the point. We would be making it about us rather than for the Glory of God and His love for these kids. He wants them to know Him...to really know Him. To know that in the darkest times of their lives He's there... in the most uncertain and confusing times, He's there. He wants them to know that when things don't make sense or when things aren't fair...He.is.there!! They have to know He loves them so much that He gave His beautiful one and only Son to die for them!!

I want them to know that too. I want them to know that this life is worth the battle when we have Jesus on our side. It's worth jumping into messy situations and allowing the beautiful healing power of the Almighty God to heal the deepest wounds and create a beautiful story. I want them to know they can pull from the strength of our Savior to conquer their daily struggles and the past that tries to haunt them. I want them to know a Love full of grace, mercy and forgiveness. I want them to stand on the mountain and fight the battle that God calls them to fight.

I want to whisper in their ears at night that they are loved and they are special and they are beautiful. I want to raise these kids up to to stand firm on God's Word and to be mighty in battle. I want their strength to come from the King of Kings!!

I want, even if it's for a short time, to raise warriors for the Kingdom.

So, our feelings and our hearts? They will mend. If we are broken for the Kingdom then the rewards to come are greater than guarding hearts in the here and now.

1 John 2:17 "And the world is passing away along with it's desires, but whoever does the will of God will abide forever."

John 13:34-35 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."

~How appropriate that the verses above were in our sermon notes today.

No comments:

Post a Comment