Monday, November 4, 2013

Grace

They say I'm going to miss these days while my kids are still small.... I believe them. I can't seem to hold onto the  everyday little memories that seem to flutter in and flutter out..... "Sit down and play with your kids." They say....so some days I do. Other days I'm standing over a sink full of dishes or a basket full of clothes so focused on things that one day won't matter....just spinning my wheels.

And I hear a giggle or "mom" being called and God whispers that I'm not here to get it all done...I'm here to encourage and speak life into those around me..my husband, my girls, my friends. I'm here to show a loving and helping hand. I'm here to allow my life to be spent at the mercy of others...family, friends and even a stranger. To allow Jesus to flow through my everyday actions....even when a glass of milk spills or a plate full of dinner drops on the floor or yes, even when a car cuts me off or someone's rude....I'm still to show Jesus.....but I sometimes don't. I sometimes let the thick smog of selfishness get in the way of what Jesus wants to teach me.....what He wants me to show others through me.

It leaves a lot of teachable moments for my girls to see it's ok to ask for forgiveness..... it's ok to admit we're wrong and don't have it all together. That we all make mistakes and need our strength and change to come from Jesus and not ourselves. And, if I'm honest, I'm still learning this truth too.

It's ok to fall down sometimes.

God uses it all, you know. The good, the bad, the mess, the falling down, scraped knees, the tears, the failures....he uses the smiles, laughter, the helping hand..every.bit.of.it He uses. For His glory. For our learning.

Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."

We're going to fall. We will need to receive and extend grace. Life is about sharing.

Do you need to receive grace today?

God has an endless supply.

Praying for all of you who need the loving hand of grace in your life!!


No comments:

Post a Comment