Thursday, February 12, 2015

Press On

I sit here almost not sure of what to write but having a struggling heart.... I'm in that place where my focus is constantly in battle with what will fade away and what will be for the rest of eternity. My eyes continue to stray from my King to things that are easy and comfortable and selfish.

Following Him is not easy or comfortable.....

It's so much more appealing, from an earthy view point, to seek out a cozy, complacent road to walk. To take on a lighter load. One with the least resistance.

But God calls us to more. He calls us out of our convenient space to one that is unsettling and uncertain. He doesn't guarantee safety or smooth sailing but He does promise His strength to endure it.

Some days I wonder exactly what His strength looks like..... I want it to be that we skip in fields of lily's, holding hands and giggling delightfully. In reality, I think his strength abounds when I bite my tongue and keep from lashing out with words that wound or when I breath deep and have the energy to keep going after juice spills or a child doesn't make it to the potty. His strength is getting through the day and knowing that His love for me is greater than the mistakes I made that day. Choosing to hold my head high rather than wallowing in shame and knowing tomorrow is a new day.

This morning, while sitting in my lamp lit room, drinking my coffee and soaking in the quiet of a new day, it was so easy to forget the battles of yesterday. But once the sun came up and little feet hit the floor and the needs of others began to drown out my sanity, it was apparent my mind and heart were still being pulled like a tug-o-war.

So I breath deep. I cling to Truth. And I tell Him I need Him....everyday, every hour, every minute of my life.  And I'm encouraged to keep going. To pick up my cross and take the rocky road because I know that's where His provision will abound!!

"Press on sister!" a dear friend said to me so I choose to press on!!






No comments:

Post a Comment